ABOUT SEE CHANGE CONSULTING
Are you looking for a refreshingly practical and genuinely helpful career service, with specific expertise in the Canberra job market, especially the Australian Public Service (APS)? See Change Consulting, operating successfully in Canberra since 2004, offer exactly this, without inflated costs or unnecessary inclusions.
Alison Shepherd, Principal Consultant of See Change Consulting, helps people with executive coaching, career choice, career planning, promotions, job interviews, resumes and everything to do with achieving career success. She specialises in interview coaching for both the public and private sector. Alison also assists people with their job performance and team interactions.
Alison offers affordable and practical career coaching services . She can help you navigate your career successfully. She has a strong reputation as a professional coach, is highly qualified and has over 13 years experience in the Canberra market.
Enquire now about 1 on 1 help through the Interview Skills Package, Career Progression Package, Career Change Package, Job Seekers Package, Career Choice Package or Executive Coaching Package. Bookings for face to face coaching are available during business hours and after hours bookings for Skype or phone coaching are also available. Bookings can often be made at short notice (eg for an upcoming job interview).
Alison offers practical short term coaching options. Her approach is:
- professional – based on specific training, regular peer review, experience and best practice coaching principles;
- tailored – each session is designed to specifically suit your requirements;
- about value for your investment – coaching sessions aim to achieve agreed outcomes and deliver real value;
- practical – Alison’s career coaching has no ‘join the dot’ style solutions but instead includes plenty of reputable techniques & meaningful conversation. For example Alison provides practical interview tips drawn from real world experience and application.
- context specific – the coaching is underpinned by real knowledge of employer expectations, especially in the APS and ACT Public Service (ACTPS); and
- flexible – the service is designed to suit you and your schedule.
If you are a senior executive or CEO, experienced employee, graduate or recent school leaver, Alison can assist you. She offers 1 on 1 career coaching which is confidential, easy to access and focused on making a real difference to your career success.
ABOUT YOUR COACH
Alison Shepherd is a highly regarded and successful professional career coach and interview coach, based in Canberra, who has helped thousands of people, from all walks of life, with career and interview skills.
She has over 29 years’ experience working and consulting across the public and private sectors, chiefly as an executive and career coach and also in recruitment and HR management consulting. She is a Professional Certified Coach and member of the International Coach Federation, trained in coaching and an expert in APS job and performance frameworks. Alison has coached staff from school leaver/graduate to executive levels in the private sector and APS, including SES officers (up to Band 2 levels). She has consulted to many government organisations including:
- Department of the Prime Minister and Cabinet
- Department of Finance and Deregulation
- Department of Defence
- The Treasury
- Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade
- Department of Infrastructure and Regional Development
- Department of Social Services
- Department of the Environment
- Department of Immigration and Border Protection
- The ACT Government
- Bachelor of Applied Science (University of Canberra)
- Trained, qualified coach and ICF credentialed – ICF Professional Certified Coach (PCC)
- Accredited MBTI © (personality type) practitioner
- Accredited DiSC © (behaviour) practitioner
- Accredited Strong Interest Inventory © practitioner
- Certificate IV In Workplace Assessment and Training 2004, updated 2009
- Professional member International Coach Federation (ICF) & Career Development Association of Australia (CDAA)
- Expert in APS performance management and recruitment frameworks
- Established See Change Consulting in 2004 after a 16 year public sector career
- See Change is on the APSC’s panel of quality learning and development providers 2014-2017
- Specialises in 1 on 1 co-active coaching
- Alongside coaching, Alison is also a casual tutor at the Ngunnawal Centre, at the Uni. of Canberra, helping people who identify as Indigenous, to gain tertiary qualifications.
- Alison has been a volunteer coach for the SA Government, providing e-mentoring for remote and indigenous youth to assist them to explore career possibilities and consider their future paths. Through her business, See Change Consulting, she has also has also been a long time supporter of the Kids to Coast program which runs activities where kids from Mutitjulu Community, at Uluru, travel to see the sea for the first time. The business also donates to the Cathy Freeman Foundation, which is working to ensure Indigenous and non-Indigenous children have the same education standards and opportunities in life.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
How does coaching work?
Come along as you are – irrespective of your starting point; practical coaching packages or sessions can lead you to more options, better decisions and commitment to realistic action. Coaching can be face to face (recommended), by phone or by Skype. Choose a one-off session or a tailored coaching package over 1-3 months.
How long is a session and what is the cost?
Face to face sessions are generally around 60 minutes but shorter sessions are available by phone or Skype. Choose a single 1 hour coaching session or a program of sessions over 1-3 months.
Prices are highly competitive, consistent with a philosophy of making coaching available to all. See Change Consulting also offers discounts on certain coaching packages. See Change Consulting also offers discounts to people under 25 or people who are full time job seekers. Contact us for an obligation free quote or just a chat.
Phone coaching is also available and many clients choose regular short phone coaching as a way of fine tuning their performance and refocusing.
Unlike training courses, our executive coaching or career coaching is tailored to meet your individual requirements, representing exceptional value for money.
See our client testimonials.
How do I book?
Enquire directly via out contact form or call on 0421 701 647. Bookings are often available at very short notice, – so for example if you have been given short notice for a job interview, Alison may still be able to help you out.
Why would I engage a professional career coach?
Do you bore your friends or partner with stories of how you would like to change your career – but never do anything about it? As a Professional Certified Coach, with specific experience in the Canberra job market, Alison will assist you:
- explore more options, set clear goals, take action and stay on track;
- improve leadership skills or the performance of your staff;
- get more enjoyment from your current career or plan and achieve a positive career move;
- explore ways to achieve work/life balance;
- prepare for a job interview in a supportive environment eg (if you get nervous at job interviews, we can help you manage your nerves and change your approach so you can feel more comforable at your next interview);
- move forward from procrastination;
- talk through the likely interview questions and answers. We don’t give you interview answers but help you devise ways to manage nerves at interview, structure response so your audience hear the key points, understand questions and present your strengths clearly.
How will I be billed?
Billing is after each consultation with payment generally on 7 day terms via cash, Paypal, major credit cards or bank to bank transfer.
Discounts are often offered on 2 or 3 session coaching packages, to private clients.