ABOUT SEE CHANGE CONSULTING
Are you looking for a genuinely helpful career service, with specific expertise in the Canberra job market, especially the Australian Public Service (APS)? See Change Consulting, operating successfully in Canberra since 2004, offers a practical approach, without inflated costs or unnecessary inclusions.
Alison Shepherd, Principal Consultant of See Change Consulting, can help you with executive coaching, career choice, career planning, promotions, job interviews, resumes and everything to do with achieving career success. She specialises in interview coaching for both the public and private sector. Alison can also assist you focus on your leadership skills, job performance or team interactions.
She has a strong reputation as a qualified and professional coach and she is highly experienced. She has over 15 years experience in the Canberra market and, in 2019, celebrated another successful renewal of her PCC coaching credential, which ensures you will receive coaching of the highest professional standard. Alison offers affordable and practical career coaching services, to help you navigate your career successfully.
Enquire now about 1 on 1 help through the Interview Skills Package, Career Progression Package, Career Change Package, Job Seekers Package, Career Choice Package or Executive Coaching Package. Bookings for face to face coaching are available during business hours. If you require a booking after hours, coaching by Skype or phone is also available. It is best to book well ahead if you are interested in face to face coaching – eg if you have an interview coming up.
Alison offers practical short term coaching options. Her coaching follows 6 key principles.
- Professional – based on specific training, regular peer review, experience and best practice coaching principles;
- Tailored – each session is designed to specifically suit your requirements;
- About value for your investment – coaching sessions aim to achieve agreed outcomes and deliver real value;
- Practical – Alison’s career coaching has no ‘join the dot’ style solutions but instead includes plenty of reputable techniques & meaningful conversation. For example Alison provides practical interview tips drawn from real world experience and application.
- Context specific – the coaching is underpinned by real knowledge of employer expectations, especially in the APS and ACT Public Service (ACTPS); and
- Flexible – the service is designed to suit you and your schedule.
If you are a senior executive or CEO, experienced employee, graduate or recent school leaver, Alison can assist you. She offers career coaching which is confidential, easy to access and focused on making a real difference to your career success.
ABOUT YOUR COACH
Alison Shepherd is a highly regarded and successful professional career coach and interview coach, based in Canberra. She has helped thousands of people, from all walks of life, with career and interview skills.
She has over 29 years’ experience working and consulting across the public and private sectors, chiefly as an executive and career coach and also in recruitment and management consulting. She is a Professional Certified Coach and member of the International Coach Federation, trained in coaching and an expert in APS job and performance frameworks. Alison has coached staff from school leaver/graduate to executive levels in the private sector and APS, including SES officers (up to Band 2 levels). She has consulted to many government organisations including:
- Department of the Prime Minister and Cabinet
- Department of Finance and Deregulation
- Department of Defence
- The Treasury
- Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade
- Department of Infrastructure, Regional Development and Cities
- Department of Social Services
- Department of the Environment and Energy
- Department of Home Affairs
- The AFP
- The ACT Government
- Bachelor of Applied Science (University of Canberra)
- Trained, qualified coach and ICF credentialed – ICF Professional Certified Coach (PCC – 2012, renewed in 2015 and 2019)
- Accredited MBTI © (personality type) practitioner
- Accredited DiSC © (behaviour) practitioner
- Accredited Strong Interest Inventory © practitioner
- Certificate IV In Workplace Assessment and Training 2004, updated 2009
- Professional member International Coach Federation (ICF) & Career Development Association of Australia (CDAA)
- Expert in APS performance management and recruitment frameworks
- Established See Change Consulting in 2004 after a 16 year public sector career
- See Change was on the now ceased APSC panel of quality learning and development providers 2014-2017
- Specialises in 1 on 1 co-active coaching
- Alongside coaching, Alison is also a casual tutor at the Ngunnawal Centre, at the Uni. of Canberra, helping people who identify as Indigenous, to gain tertiary qualifications.
- Alison has been a volunteer coach for the SA Government, providing e-mentoring for remote and indigenous youth to assist them to explore career possibilities and consider their future paths. Through her business, See Change Consulting, she has also has also been a long time supporter of the Kids to Coast program which runs activities where kids from Mutitjulu Community, at Uluru, travel to see the sea for the first time. The business also donates to the Cathy Freeman Foundation, which is working to ensure Indigenous and non-Indigenous children have the same education standards and opportunities in life.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
How does coaching work?
Come along as you are. No matter where your starting point is; practical coaching packages or sessions can lead you to more options, better decisions and commitment to action. Coaching can be face to face (recommended), by phone or by Skype. Choose a one-off session or a tailored coaching package.
How long is a session and what is the cost?
Face to face sessions are generally around 60 minutes but shorter sessions are available by phone or Skype. Choose a single 1 hour coaching session or a program of sessions.
Prices are competitive, consistent with a philosophy of making coaching accessible. See Change Consulting also offers discounts for early payment and to people who are under 25 or people or full time job seekers.
Phone coaching is also available and many clients choose regular short phone coaching as a way of fine tuning their performance and refocusing.
Unlike training courses, Alison’s executive coaching or career coaching is tailored to meet your individual requirements, representing exceptional value for money.
See client testimonials.
How do I book?
Enquire directly via out contact form or call on 0421 701 647. Bookings are sometimes available at short notice, – so for example if you have been given short notice for a job interview, Alison may still be able to help you out.
Why would I engage a professional career coach?
Do you bore your friends or partner with stories of how you would like to change your career – but never do anything about it? As a Professional Certified Coach, with specific experience in the Canberra job market, Alison will assist you:
- explore more options, set clear goals, take action and stay on track;
- improve leadership skills or the performance of your staff;
- get more enjoyment from your current career or plan and achieve a positive career move;
- explore ways to achieve work/life balance;
- prepare for a job interview in a supportive environment eg (if you get nervous at job interviews, we can help you manage your nerves and change your approach so you can feel more comforable at your next interview);
- move forward from procrastination;
- talk through the likely interview questions and answers. We don’t give you interview answers but help you devise ways to manage nerves at interview, structure response so your audience hear the key points, understand questions and present your strengths clearly.
How will I be billed?
Billing is after each consultation with payment generally on 7 day terms via cash, Paypal, major credit cards or bank to bank transfer.
Discounts are often offered on 2 or 3 session coaching packages, to private clients.